Trauma-Informed Care can be implemented in any type of service setting and is distinct from trauma-specific treatments that specifically address the consequences of trauma.
The key concepts of a Trauma-Informed Care approach:
- Realizes the overall impact of trauma and how it influences the path to recovery
- Recognizes the signs and symptoms of trauma in clients, families, staff, and others involved in the recovery process
- Integrates the knowledge about past trauma into healing policies, procedures, and practices
- Actively participates in a process to prevent re-traumatization.
A Trauma-Informed approach reflects adherence to key principles rather than a prescribed set of practices or procedures. These principles can be used across multiple settings, although terminology and application may be setting- or sector-specific:
- Trustworthiness and Transparency
- Peer support
- Collaboration and mutuality
- Empowerment, voice, and choice
- Cultural, Historical, and Gender Issues
Trauma-Informed Care approach involves Trauma-Specific Interventions which generally recognize the following:
- Clients are respected, informed, connected, and contribute to their own recovery
- Understand the relationship between trauma and symptoms of trauma such as substance abuse, eating disorders, depression, and anxiety
- Work collaboratively towards empowerment
Healing Springs Ranch specializes in the treatment of trauma for adults with Substance Use Disorder and offers a complete lifestyle transformation for the most successful recovery. Call Healing Springs Ranch at 866-647-4606 to overcome these issues in a safe way.