By nature, humans want to enjoy themselves and feel pleasure. Sometimes this pleasure comes from substances we take into our bodies, like drugs or alcohol. But addictive substances do not keep providing those pleasurable feelings. After a period of time, using these substances causes problems and even leaves you wondering, “Am I addicted?”
Am I Addicted? How Can I Know for Sure?
Overusing drugs or alcohol can lead to many negative issues in your life. If you are getting tired of the problems associated with drinking or using drugs, you are not alone.
You may wonder if you are actually addicted. Asking, “Am I addicted” is not uncommon. The line can be blurred between addictions and simple overuse of these substances.
One of the best ways to find out if you are addicted to alcohol or drugs is to speak with your doctor. Another way to find out if you are addicted is to call an addiction treatment center like Healing Springs Ranch. By speaking with a recovery specialist, your questions can be answered and your addiction may be more clear.
Many people prefer to speak to a treatment center because you can do so anonymously. You can also get information about how you can be helped, what overcoming addiction will take and even whether your insurance will pay for treatment.
Signs that You May Be Addicted
There are signs that should be considered to understand whether you may be addicted. The more of these signs you have affecting your life, the more likely it is that you are addicted to the substances you take.
- Your drugs or alcohol take top priority in your life.
- Using your drugs or alcohol makes you feel better and more in control. Not using makes you feel worse.
- You use more often now than ever before.
- When you think about quitting use or not having access to your substance, you become irritated or uncomfortable.
- You have suffered damage and disruption in your life because of drinking or doing drugs. You have sacrificed things and people you love.
- Legal problems and financial problems may have resulted from using.
- You make promises to yourself or others to quit, but then keep going back to your drugs or alcohol.
Healing Springs Ranch in Tioga, Texas Can Help You Gain Lasting Recovery
Getting over an addiction is never easy. But recovery can be easier when you get to the root of your addiction and why drug or alcohol use started.
For many people, this root is at least partially due to a dual diagnosis. Having a co-occurring condition like depression or trauma is nothing to be ashamed of, especially since these conditions can be treated. Through the right therapies and medications, you can regain control over your life and stop your cycle of addiction.
Healing Springs Ranch in Tioga, Texas is ready to help you gain lasting recovery. If you are ready to find out if you are addicted and get help, call now. Call Healing Springs Ranch at 866-656-8384 for the answers you need.