What Is Emotional Transformation Therapy®
Emotional Transformation Therapy® (ETT®) is an “attachment-based” form of interpersonal therapy whose outcomes are substantially amplified by precise visual brain stimulation.
- The term “emotional transformation” is used because it frequently alleviates emotional distress in minutes and often produces positive states as a result.
- “Attachment-based” refers to the fact that each person has characteristic patterns of regulating emotions and relationships that developed in early bonding. When attachment patterns are deficient, it makes people more susceptible to emotional distress. By adapting interpersonal responses that are individualized to each person in counseling, the basic attachment deficiency source can be changed to promote long-term changes.
“Precise Visual Brain Stimulation”
“Precise visual brain stimulation” refers to the idea that when light enters the eyes, it is converted into neural impulses that travel throughout the brain where it impacts, not only the vision, but also brain mechanisms that control emotions, thoughts, physiology, and spiritual states. By using precise wavelengths of light (color) during interpersonal processes, the exact parts of the brain responsible for disturbances can be impacted. This makes it possible to achieve rapid outcomes for alleviating psychological and physical distress.
The ETT® method is now used by hundreds of therapists in the U.S. and Europe. Its process is supported by scientific research documented in the book Emotional Transformation Therapy. This method has specific treatment procedures that produce rapid outcomes for the following conditions:
- Rapid Trauma Recovery-Acute Trauma and PTSD
- Anxiety Disorders
- Addiction-both substance and behavioral addictions
- Couple Therapy
- Spiritual and Religious Issues
- Somatic Psychotherapy-chronic physical pain, accident recovery and the stress component of illness
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Adult ADD and ADHD
- Some types of brain injury
- Bipolar Disorder
An advantage of ETT®
These unusual accomplishments usually take place by the innovative method of Emotional Transformation Therapy® (ETT®), that I originated. ETT® is an interpersonal method whose outcomes are amplified by the use of precise visual brain stimulation. Observations have shown that relief of depression, anxiety, and trauma usually occur faster than the use of most medications, but without the side-effects, dependency or long-term need. However, it usually works even when a person is taking medication and ETT® offers a means to eventually get off medication, if desired. ETT® works even better if the person is not on medications and wants a proficient, natural means toward recovery.
An advantage of ETT® over most talk therapies is that many conditions like trauma and addictions operate in parts of the brain that are not conscious and are largely inaccessible by conscious verbal means. ETT® possesses the capacity to access underlying drives, motives, trauma, and emotions that produce unwanted symptoms and then can change them. ETT® is an experiential form of therapy that works best when the clients allow themselves to participate emotionally in the process.
Be forewarned that change can take place rapidly and to a greater magnitude than most people imagine to be possible. Therefore, it may exceed preconceived ideas of what is possible. Comments such as “I can’t believe it”; “Will it last?”; or “How can this change be possible?” are not uncommon and required adaptation.